Probably one of the most frequently asked questions from users concerns personal verification on EXMO cryptocurrency exchange. In this article will go in detail on what the verification is needed for and the kind of documents you require to successfully pass this process.
Verification on EXMO, what is it needed for?
It’s worth pointing out that personal verification is not a mandatory condition to register on the exchange, however this procedure is needed to use a number of payment systems with high level security. For instance SEPA, Wire Transfer, Western Union and MoneyGram, withdrawal via USD and EUR for Visa/MasterCard, Payza.
ПThe full account verification process of the account on EXMO is possible after successfully passing three stages: identity verification, address verification and filling in the user agreement
Three stage of passing the verification process
1. Identity verification:
How to pass the identity verification on EXMO?
In order to successfully pass the identity verification, the user is free to show one of the following types of documents:
- national passport (two-page spread with the photo);
- international passport (two-page spread with the photo);
- personal ID-card (both sides).
When submitting the documents you should pay attention to the following details:
- citizens of Ukraine and Russian Federation should pay attention to the period of validity of their documents;
- the presented scanned copy of the document should have all four sides and four corners of the document visible;
- the presented scanned copies should not contain any third-party objects;
- please, pay special attention to the spelling of your first, middle and last names.
Below you may find the examples of documents that can be used to verify your id.
2. Verification address:
How do you pass the address verification?
In order to pass the stage of address verification, the user needs to submit the following types of documents:
- bank statement;
- utility bill;
- tax documents;
- proof of residence issued by local authority.
When submitting your documents, you should pay attention to the following details:
- document, confirming the residence should be dated no longer than 3 months from the moment it was issued by the government service;
- document should contain first, middle and last name of the user, as well as the address of residence;
- scanned copy should be taken from the original of the document.
3. User agreement:
How to pass the stage of user agreement verification?
The final stage of passing the identity verification is filling the user agreement.
In order to fully pass the final stage of verification you should follow these steps:
1. Download the user agreement into your personal computer;
2. Print and sign the document with the signature identical to the one in your passport;
3. Scan the signed document and upload it into the “Agreement” section of the site.
Upon completing the above steps by the user, the employees of the verification department will request a selfie-photo with the user, holding the document confirming one’s identity with opened EXMO account in the background. Information on the photo should be distinct (national passport, international passport or ID-card) and EXMO account login.
Dear users, EXMO recommends paying attention to details
, taking your time when following the instructions and accurately following the advice offered in the article during your verification. This will make your verification process quick and successful.
Thank you for staying with us!
Your respectfully, EXMO team
LOGIN TO EXMO